Supervisa is a special visa for parents and grandparents of citizens and permanent residents of Canada to live in Canada for 5 years with an extension of 2 more years, whereas the stay is only for 6 months in case of a normal visa.
Apply for a Super Visa
The application for a super visa can be submitted online or in paper. The applicant must :
- Prove that they are parents or grandparents of citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Have a letter of invitation from the child or grandchild including plans for your care
- Prove that they will return to their home country at the end of their visit.
- Show the purpose of their visit
- Have private health insurance for a minimum of $100,000from a Canadian insurance company valid for at least one year
There are other conditions which should also be fulfilled. You must consult an immigration consultant before applying.
Extension of Supervisa
If an applicant wants to extend his/her stay, he/she must submit the application before 30 days from expiration of the status. An applicant can stay in Canada until a decision is made by the government.
Every applicant requires insurance before entering Canada. The insurance must be from a Canadian insurance company.
The Supervisa documentation and filing can be done online with the help of a Canada Certified Immigration Expert. While the process is not difficult, the chances of errors are high. It is advisable that you file your application with proper guidance.