Self employed program provides business immigration visas to the individuals who are self employed farmers, professional athletes or the individuals who have been successful in the field of arts and culture. The applicants have to prove that they have sufficient experience in arts, sports or agriculture that has helped them to earn beneficially while remaining self employed in their country of origin. There should be significant contribution of the applicants to their respective fields.
CAREER TYPES UNDER SELF EMPLOYED PROGRAM
- Sports – Coach, athlete, referee, program leader
- Agriculture – Owning or operating a family farm
- Arts – Writer, journalist, dancer, painter, musician, designer
REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL SELF EMPLOYED PROGRAM
The candidates must further meet the requirements of the Federal Self Employed Program which are :
- Applicants of all the categories have to prove at least 2 years of work experience in their professional field within the last five years.
- Applicants who belong to sports or ars and culture category have to present a proof of:
- Two years of being self employed in their respective field
- Two years of participation at world class level within their field
- A combination of one year of both the options above
- Self employed farmers must have at least 2 years experience of farm management in five years.
The selection criteria is based on a points system where the total points are calculated out of hundred. The factors that contribute to the points in decreasing order are experience (35), education (25), ability in english or french (24), age (10) and adaptability (6).
The final selection is made on the basis of scores, documents and their fulfillment of requirements.
MOST IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT IN THIS PROGRAME IS THE ABILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO DEMONSTRATE THEIR ECONOMIC ESTABLISHMENT AS A SELF EMPLOYED PERSON SUBJECT TO FULFILMENT OF THE NORMAL POINTS CRITEREA